Re: Unable to correctly compile dia on NetBSD

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:26:41 +0200 (CEST), larsrc raeder dk wrote:
> > But in this piece of code, __sighandler_t is reported by the compiler
> > as unknown because not defined before. I'm sure it will be easy to
> > correct this, and I'll try again as soon as it's done.
>
> It's not important on Win32.  On unix, we risk crashes if we don't have
> that bit.  Now it's interesting that you show __sighandler_t old_action,
> but the code has struct sigaction old_action.  It's also posix standard,
> and I see nothing in autoconf about it.  Maybe somebody can dig up more
> info on these things for *BSD.

     #include <signal.h>
     struct sigaction {
             void     (*sa_handler)(int);
             sigset_t sa_mask;
             int      sa_flags;
     };

     int
     sigaction(int sig, const struct sigaction *act, struct sigaction
*oact);

That's from the NetBSD 1.6.2 man page for sigaction(2).

A few months ago, I bumped into this while making the Firebird database
compile on NetBSD.  IIRC, 1.6.2 signal handling is not POSIX compliant
(it's pre-POSIX), while AIUI the 2.0 release, now in beta, will be.

--jkl