Fedora Core 2, almost no problems [Re: Prerelease of 0.94 is out]

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:24:01 +0200
> From: Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>
> To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
> Subject: Re: Prerelease of 0.94 is out
>
> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 23:49, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > hoping i can get a quick answer ...
> >
> > would you expect 0.94 to work with a fairly stock setup of Fedora Core 2?
> >
> > either way I'll be trying it later but as I have to burn the files to CD
> > it would be help if people could warning about extra dependancies I'll
> > probably need.
>
> I should think so.  We haven't gone to Gtk 2.4 yet, and the other
> dependencies are pretty much standard.  There may be some bits you don't
> get, like the Cairo and WMF plugins, but it should work.

Worked beautifully on Fedora Core 2.
It has been a long time since I've built Dia so easily.
Later I'll try some of the other build types if i can.

There was a message (near the end of make i think) which told me yes/no to
various features, like Gtk (yes) Python (no) but oddly Cairo was blank
with neither yes nor no indicated.

at startup there was message telling me that some Cairo related libary had
failed to be found but it didn't seem to have any negative impact.
I'll get back (hopefully tomorrow) with exact error messages and other
feedback.

I dont know how long it has been there but when I quit Dia i saw a message
on the console which read
"Thank you for using Dia".

Beautiful touch, nice work to whoever added that, I realy liked it.

Sincerley

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/