Re: Fedora Core 2, almost no problems [Re: Prerelease of 0.94 is out]

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 01:24, Alan Horkan wrote:
> It has been a long time since I've built Dia so easily.
> Later I'll try some of the other build types if i can.
>
> There was a message (near the end of make i think) which told me yes/no to
> various features, like Gtk (yes) Python (no) but oddly Cairo was blank
> with neither yes nor no indicated.

Shouldn't be blank, that's a minor bug.

> at startup there was message telling me that some Cairo related libary had
> failed to be found but it didn't seem to have any negative impact.
> I'll get back (hopefully tomorrow) with exact error messages and other
> feedback.

If you don't have Cairo installed (which most people won't), you'll get
this.  It's harmless.

> I dont know how long it has been there but when I quit Dia i saw a message
> on the console which read
> "Thank you for using Dia".
>
> Beautiful touch, nice work to whoever added that, I realy liked it.

Actually, if you check the code, you'll see that I added it to get
around some race condition at exit that gave GTK errors.  Ugly, ugly
kludge:)