Re: Cisco icons for Dia

On 27 Jun 2002, Ian Redfern wrote:
> Yes, I announced it on this list three weeks ago. Unfortunately the
> first brave victim to try it (Phillippe Leveronne) proved conclusively
> that the EMF parts of his Visio 97 files aren't very exciting.
>
> I've tried it on the Visio files I've been sent in the last few months,
> and it produces a bitmap for half of them and a useful Dia drawing for
> the other half. More samples are very welcome though.

Could a current Visio user tell us if Visio has some option for what kind
of EMF (preview?) it puts in that affects this?

> If anyone has files in the the Visio 2002 XML export format, I'd be
> happy to build something to convert those, with the aim of eventually
> building support into Dia directly.

I saw the DTD.  It's friggin' huuuge!  Ah, thought so.  It was mentioned on
the list in
<URL:http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2001-July/msg00096.html>.
XSLT yourself away!  Hm, that seemed to be dead.  Here's a better one:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/devref/XMLR_XMLBasics_816.asp.
Good luck!