Re: Cisco icons for Dia

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 19:06, Lars Clausen wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2002, Ian Redfern wrote:
> > Mostly, yes, although I had to apply the letters by hand - the original
> > icons are available in PDF, and it's pretty painless to convert that to
> > SVG with XPM previews. Fortunately SVG has a very similar path model to
> > PostScript.
>
> That is very cool!  Is this something that can be totally automated, or do
> you still have to cut things out by hand?

You're welcome to my Perl script. It tries to identify connected objects
on a page and turns each one into a Dia shape. It's not perfect, but may
be a starting point. I've put it at
http://public.logica.com/~redferni/dia/pstoshape.pl - you need to run
pdftops first to decode the PDF. I have a hack to turn these into XPMs
via GhostScript, but I'm too ashamed of that to publish it yet.

> > It would also be much simpler if I could put text in shape files,
> > although I admit that cross-platform font issues would make this
> > impractical.
>
> For things like the ADM, the FDDI etc?  We should probably wait and see how
> the current font changes pan out.

I'll have a try at the <svg:text> tag to see if it looks better.
--
Ian Redfern
Consultant

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.