Re: Cisco icons for Dia

On 24 Jun 2002, Ian Redfern wrote:
> Mostly, yes, although I had to apply the letters by hand - the original
> icons are available in PDF, and it's pretty painless to convert that to
> SVG with XPM previews. Fortunately SVG has a very similar path model to
> PostScript.

That is very cool!  Is this something that can be totally automated, or do
you still have to cut things out by hand?

> The shape files could be halved in size if I rescaled the numbers to get
> rid of spurious accuracy - I'll look at this for a future release.

No, two decimal points seems perfectly fine.

> It would also be much simpler if I could put text in shape files,
> although I admit that cross-platform font issues would make this
> impractical.

For things like the ADM, the FDDI etc?  We should probably wait and see how
the current font changes pan out.

> The quality of the XPMs is pretty poor - I just converted them through
> GhostScript, and they would look much better if they were all the same
> size, say.

Yeah, same size would be nice.

> If anyone else has a pile of icons they'd like to use in Dia, I'm happy
> to help convert them - if you can get them into PostScript, e.g. by
> printing them, the rest is pretty easy.

This is incredibly useful.  Thank you!