Re: Compiling DIA

Title:

Can you see the text of objects with fixed text, such as the UML Class
object?  It might be a font problem.
This is very likely to be the reason. I'm going to check that !

Anyway, as I developed an object plugin, I will try to drop it in the
./dia/object directory.

You should make a directory in dia/object to put your stuff in.  Add the
directory name to the SUBDIRS line in dia/object/Makefile.am, and take a
Makefile.am from one of the other object dirs and modify it to your needs.
Then run autogen.sh from the root dir again to create the makefiles.

I already did this it compiles and runs fine. I also added a mysheet.sheet.in and modified
the Makefile.am in the dia/sheet directory. (some good material for the tutorial !)

Then I tried to move the generated mysheet.sheet to the .dia/sheets directory
ad the mylib.la and mylib.so to the .dia/objects directory for use with the regular 0.9
release shipped Mandrake 9.  Upon startup I get a message "wrong plugin API version"
Was the API changed recently or did I sth wrong ?

I am also trying to revert to 0.9 sources rather than the cvs sources
but have new compile problems at the autogen stage with gtk-pixbuf
checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.7.0... no
*** The gdk-pixbuf-config script installed by GDK_PIXBUF could not be found
*** If GDK_PIXBUF was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GDK_PIXBUF_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gdk-pixbuf-config.
configure: error: gdk-pixbuf >= 0.7.0 is required
I am using 2.0, still investigating what could be wrong here....

Christophe