Re: Compiling DIA

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Christophe Ponsard wrote:

> After installing the latest intl, compile went smooth !
> (automake, autogen & make are running fine, great job)
>
> I already managed to compile a new object plugin with a single shape
> (for now)

Excellent!  If you have time for such, it would be great if you could write
a little intro to programming plugins.  As a beginner, you have a better
perspective on what's hard to figure out.

> However I experience the following small annoyances (of course this is
> from the cvs development)
> - at launch, a message "Could not find plugin init  <...>
> plugins/slt/.libs/libxslt_filter.la"
          ^^^          ^^^^
Is this just a copy typo?

I remember having problems with that plugin.  Check in the plugins dialog
where it's loaded from.

> - new pages do not have frame border and cannot be moved

If you mean the page divisions outlined in blue, they can be adjusted in
the Page Layout menu.

> - no text input (wrt to this I noticed input method item in the page menu)
> note also I am using app/run_dia.sh, to avoid interaction with my
> regular dia version

To add text, use the Text tool (T icon).

> I would be happy to get hints from those who experienced the same
> behaviors.
>
> Another question: I saw some python stuff in there. Is it possible to
> write python
> plugin (or is this planned ine some future) ?

It's supposedly possible, though I haven't seen any examples.  Cyrille, is
the Python plugin good enough to do a simple example?