Re: simple rotate - patch

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Martin Hans wrote:

> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 18:56:58 +0100
> From: Martin Hans <opfinder@gmx.net>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: simple rotate - patch
>
> OK,
> here the extremely simple patch that does this. The directions are only set if

cool

in Visio there are functions labelled
Turn Left
Turn Right
(which more accurately but less clearly is technically turn anticlockwise
and turn clockwise respectively).

and in the Gimp there are functions named
Rotate 90
Rotate 180
Rotate 270.

On the assumption that we will at some point in the future have the option
to make arbitrary rotations i would strongly suggest that these new
functions be labelled (at least in the GUI) Turn Left/Right.

For reference purposes (and because of the effort i went to right all
this down but did not get around to putting it on my web page) i am
including a list of what is contained in the Visio, Shape menu

Shape
---
Custom Properties...
---
Bring Forward
Bring to Front		Ctrl+F
Send Backward
Send to Back		Ctrl+B
---
Rotate Left		Ctrl+L
Rotate Right		Ctrl+R
Flip Vertical		Ctrl+J
Flip Horizontal		Ctrl+I
Rotate Text
---
Grouping 		>
Operations
Actions
---

Oops, it was Rotate Left, Rotate Right but this choice of label gives (at
least in English) a very nice choice of L and R for keybindings.
In a word processor L and R would be used for left and right text
justifcation, but that is a whole other story.

Note that Ctrl I and Ctrl J are used for flip horizontal and vertical
which i meant to add to Dia but it is somewhere seperate from the other
keybindings and i forgot.

Anyway very nice work, cant wait to try it out.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan