Compiling DIA

Hello,

I am trying to recompile dia on Linux Mandrake 9
I checked out the sources from the CVS
Then tried to ./configure as indicated in the INSTALL
but there is no such file

So I tried ./autogen.sh which asked to install
	intltool-0.16.tar

After installing it, autogen recommanded a number
of other thing such as moving .m4 files and running aclocal.

Finally it ran ./configure but got stuck with the following
error:

>./configure: line 8197: syntax error near unexpected token `0.21'
>./configure: line 8197: `AC_PROG_INTLTOOL(0.21)'

As anyone a hint for me. Is there more detailled compilation
instructions somewhere ?

thanks
christophe