auotmatically marking binaries in CVS

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 07:39, Hans Breuer wrote:
> Also *please* add png as binary - otherwise they'll not be arriving as
> valid png on the windoze site. To fix it afterwards use 'cvs admin -kb
> *.png' as mentioned in the ChangeLog (Now that *was* complaining ;)

Perhaps it would be easiest to have .png automatically marked as binary
when committed to CVS? This way, mistakes like this won't happen - I'm
sure everyone has forgotten -kb at least once in their life :-)

To have CVS automatically mark newly committed .pngS as binary, do the
following:

cvs checkout CVSROOT/cvswrappers
echo "*.png -k 'b'" >> CVSROOT/cvswrappers
cvs commit CVSROOT/cvswrapper

>From then on, anyone can commit a .png just like a normal file, and -kb
will be automatically added by CVS.

Hope this helps.