Re: UML sheet incomplete?

> The UML sheet
> seems to be missing the class connection that has a small diamond at one end
> and nothing at the other.  Am I missing something?

You're missing something. Aggregation uses diamond at one end, nothing
at the other. The button on the sheet even kinda looks like it.

> And I'm distressed to report that the arrow heads on Association just don't
> point the right way.

This screenshot was made w/ Dia:

http://tedia2sql.tigris.org/sampleImages/TestERD.png

It's possible. There's a learning curve with getting
associations/aggregations to point right, have the association name in a
desired position, etc, but it's possible. I think I've heard it said
that the GNOME2 port of Dia (0.9x) will have better handling of this
type of thing, but perhaps not in the UML sheet itself, since it's an
orphaned beast of sorts.

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect