UML sheet incomplete?

I'm working through Design Patterns Java Workbook
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201743973/christophernelso) and
using an old-ish build of Dia 0.9 to do some of the UML problems.

I'm no UML expert but looking at the book's appendix that gives a whirlwind
tour, I find I can't complete the second figure with Dia.  The UML sheet
seems to be missing the class connection that has a small diamond at one end
and nothing at the other.  Am I missing something?

And I'm distressed to report that the arrow heads on Association just don't
point the right way.  I attach an Association to a class and move the
segments of the association around and end up with:

    +-----------+         +-----------+
    |          \|_________|           |
    |          /|         |           |
    |           |         |           |
    +-----------+         +-----------+

That is, the arrow head is inside the object and pointing out.  Or sometimes
I get:

    +-----------+         +-----------+
    |          \|/________|           |
    |           |         |           |

With the arrow pointing along the side of the object.  Nothing I can do
fixes this and I have to delete the association and recreate it.  Am I doing
something wrong or is this broken?

TIA.

                                  Chris
--
Christopher Nelson                           GE Fanuc, Albany
Chris.Nelson@GEFanuc.com                         518.464.4992