Re: rc2 reflections

Le Sun, May 26, 2002, à 06:48:47PM +0200, Justyna Bia?a a écrit:
> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 06:15:21PM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> > The guess is wrong: dia is at fault. What is
> > wrong ? (please send us samples in .dia, .png and .eps form).
>
> The problem with testdia.eps is that gv isn't able to show it.
> The error message it big, but generaly it is conected with font's matters.

This is very strange. On my system (which has never intentionally run any
East-European locale), I just gv'd it and got the screenshot testdia2.png
(which looks right to my Western eyes).

What version of Ghostscript/Ghostview are you running? What distribution?

> Two more things: what about my question about UML compatibility?

I don't know. I'm really a very basic user of UML; well, enough to design
but I've never worked in an environment where ayatollahish compliance to UML
was a must.  I guess it would be nice if you could report an enhancement bug
at http://bugzilla.gnome.org. This does not look critical enough to delay the
0.90 release.

> I also  noticed that state charts in rc2 must be not compatible with 88.1
> version. When I open a file made in old version, the start and end states are
> drawn like the internal state and I have to change their status manualy.

Aaah. *this* is much more annoying. I think this must be fixed or somehow
worked around before we release 0.90 proper. Would you mind posting a sample
file (done with the 0.88.1), a screen shot of 0.88.1, and another screen
shot with 0.90.RC2 ?

Grumpf.

testdia2.png