Re: dia file exchange

Lennon Day-Reynolds wrote:

> You could also just write a standalone (or Visio-hosted)
> Perl/Python/VB/JScript tool that used the Visio OLE controls and the
> MSXML parser to do the transformation in either direction. I'm not a big
> Windows Scripting guy, but I've done enough basic stuff in this style
> (app-to-app conversion hacks) to know it's entirely possible.

Hi, Lennon.  How'd the demo go?

Perl over Ole, standalone, that was my thinking exactly.  Not hard if the Visio
Ole model is documented as well as other MS products are.  The shape-to-shape
mapping, OTOH, might be exactly no fun.  The next step, I suppose, is to have a
look at the docs, to make sure I'm not talking through my hat.

"MSXML parser"?  Don't know it.  Figured I'd just use perl's XML support and go
home.

--jkl