Re: dia file exchange

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> According to Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>:
>>
>> Now that I hadn't considered.  A quick Google search tells us:
>>
>> Actrix 2000 supposedly has conversion support, but they're kinda quiet
>> about it.  External sources
>> <URL:http://www.design-drawing.com/visio/V2AXlate.htm> indicate that
>> they do pretty well.  Is perchance the Actrix file format known?
>
>>From the website:
> "Actrix runs Visio in the background to perform the conversion"
> So they do OLE too.
> As for their .axd, I don't really know...

I guess using OLE to convert files is the only viable option.  Does anyone
here know OLE well enough to attempt such?

>> Do you remember which company it was that offered translation?
>
> The software is ConceptDraw. The conversion service is here:
>
> <URL:http://www.conceptdraw.com/en/visio/>

I've had a mail exchange with them, and their file format is not open
either.  I'm trying to convince them that opening it would be a good idea,
but I doubt that I shall succeed.  It's a corporation, after all, not
intelligent people.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg
will defend to the death your right to say it."    |   of Westfield
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire   | Chaos Berserker of Khorne