Re: dia file exchange

According to Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>:

> Now that I hadn't considered.  A quick Google search tells us:
>
> Actrix 2000 supposedly has conversion support, but they're kinda quiet
> about it.  External sources
> <URL:http://www.design-drawing.com/visio/V2AXlate.htm> indicate that they
> do pretty well.  Is perchance the Actrix file format known?

>From the website:
"Actrix runs Visio in the background to perform the conversion"
So they do OLE too.
As for their .axd, I don't really know...

> SmartDraw <URL:http://www.smartdraw.com/> claims to be able to import Visio
> files.  It can write WMF.

AFAIR, this software import preview extracted fro .vsd and convert to .wmf.
That's all.

[...]
> Do you remember which company it was that offered translation?

The software is ConceptDraw. The conversion service is here:

<URL:http://www.conceptdraw.com/en/visio/>

Hub