Re: dia file exchange

According to James K. Lowden <jklowden@speakeasy.org>:

> I'm skeptical, though, of the strategy: Why should Dia want to export to Visio,
> only to see free data trapped in a closed format?  Wouldn't it be more worthwhile
> to go the other way, to use Ole to free the data from Visio and write a Dia file?
>
> Skeptical, but not beyond convincing.  That's why I asked.

Q: how would a user do to move a Dia file to Visio. 2 solutions:
-generate a Visio file from the dia file
-write a Dia importer within Visio (is it possible ?)

solution #1 require that one of the system have both Visio and Dia, while
the other require that Visio user install an additionnal plug-in.

This would bring freeness to exchange data with Visio users.

Hub

PS: I'm not for proprietary data format, but I'm for exchange of data.