Re: RLD Shapes / UrShapes

I can speak for UrShapes.  It is way far from being done and the code I have
been working on has yet to be released though that will change within the
coming week.  To give you and idea of how far I have gotten I am up to the
point where the infrastructure is there and am now working on loading  the
actual shape files.  Mind you the drawing code is not in so once I can load
a file I will be working on that.  At that point UrShapes will only be about
as good as the current custom shapes code.  Then we put in user defined
callbacks(for scripting) and at that point it will become usable as a
programming interface.  When that will be is anyone's guess but I am hoping
others will start hacking once I release the code.  The nice thing about
UrShapes is that it is very modular and not tied to Dia other than the
plugin code and final drawing step.  I did this so that it would be easy to
port to dia-newcanvas or any other program that needed programmable vector
graphics. Well in theory it will be easy to port.  So wait until the code
comes out and see if it is something you would like to take time and hack on
so that it is more useful to your project.

--J5