Re: RLD Shapes / UrShapes

Le dim, jui 29, 2001, à 12:13:42 -0700, Rick Jafrate a écrit:

> I'm an avid lurker here.  I have been watching with interest for some
> time now.  I have been contributing to the LinuxPLC project and would
> like to use DIA as a programming interface.  I have played with the RLD
> shapes a little and they are difficult to use. The don't line up very
> well, you need to zoom in pretty far etc..

What are RLD shapes ?

> I would be willing to work on improving them so that they are easier to
> use.  What is the best way to go about this?  Would some one be willing
> to mentor me until I got started?  Would the UrShapes be a better way to
> proceed?

It depends -- UrShapes look like they're progressing nicely, but they're not
finished. Currently, we have three object programming models:
	* classic objects (please don't code new objects like these)
	* StdProp objects (C code, not that difficult, but quite a learning
	curve still)
	* Shapes (mostly SVG graphics coated by custom XML sugar)

UrShapes being a possible fourth.

Grumpf.