[RFC] switching over to libxml2

Hi all,

   I've got a patch ready, to switch dia over to libxml2. It works great on
my machine, but will probably break for people who use a non-latin1 charset
but can't compile dia using --enable-nls and --enable-unicode. If I apply
this patch, and after a couple clean-ups, we switch from "beware of libxml2"
to "don't compile if you have libxml1 installed".

We're going to need to switch over to libxml2 real soon anyway ; what shall
I do ?

Grumpf.