Re: Making plugins

Lars Clausen a écrit :

> On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 11:03 +0100, clement begue wrote:
> > Hi again!
> > I've made a very simple diagram of what it shoud be. It is not nice, it is
> > just how it could work. It is not the way it should look like, because it will
> > be based on some kind of standard.
>
> I see what you're trying to do.  Given how the components are placed,
> probably connecting them in the middle would work best.
>
> > Don't spend too much time on that, I got all the time I need to do it,
> > document it, document about making plugins and all. I should begin by
> > documenting (in french and then in english) how to make the kind of plugins I
> > need and then go on to programming. As I have never used Gtk and his friends
> > before, it should take some time, I'm actually learning all that, it's full of
> > tutorials.
>
> With a little luck, you shouldn't have to use Gtk to do this.  You can
> just have the board object expand the way UML objects do with attributes
> and operations, possibly with a minimum number of connections.

I looked int the UML class files, and I saw that the first page is defined like the
other shapes' properties, but for the attributes and operations, it seems to be
coded in Gtk directly and not using the property system or anything that is not Gtk
(or did I miss the good part that was in UML and saw only what shouldn't be
reused?). I saw the list property, it uses the old gtklist, it would need to be
improved or to be replaced by a new one without deprecated Gtk in it. I didn't see
it used anywhere (searched PROP_TYPE_LIST in all source files), is there a reason to
that? was the gtklist so bad that no one used the property?
I'll look how the UML shapes change the box and shapes sizes, because it seems to
work fine, having the boards taking up minimum size on screen (like UML classes)
sounds good to me, I'll also look if it isn't ilke the other things in UML that
shouldn't be reused...

Maybe I understood wrong while reading the code, I'm much used to read code from
people I know well with many comments and in things I developped for at least a
bit...