Re: Making plugins

Hi again!
I've made a very simple diagram of what it shoud be. It is not nice, it is
just how it could work. It is not the way it should look like, because it will
be based on some kind of standard.
Don't spend too much time on that, I got all the time I need to do it,
document it, document about making plugins and all. I should begin by
documenting (in french and then in english) how to make the kind of plugins I
need and then go on to programming. As I have never used Gtk and his friends
before, it should take some time, I'm actually learning all that, it's full of
tutorials.
We use several applications to have different system views to create the
systems and then we will use dia for schematics output because we can create
the plugins and custom shapes we need. The documentation is for the future
maintainers of the applications used to make all the board logical schematics.
The plugins I make should have future developpements to be easier to use,
support the standards, making bigger systems...

The connectors should always be inside the board, so I'll look about
parenting.
When the board is too small, it should enlarge to carry up more connectors. I
don't know yet about size of all this, but allowing to resize it could make
strange things. The connections between boards and subsubsystems should have a
special aspect, maybe I will have to make some special kind of zigzagline. We
will be adding some sets of shapes, but it should mostly be specific shapes
for the systems we make, so, not useful for anyone, but I'll hand those that
should be reusable (and not "classified" ;) ) or have interesting code for
future dynamic shapes.

Regards,
Clément