need some help compiling under Solaris

Hi everyone!
I need to make Dia work under Solaris, and I get this error (after all
the others that seemed ok) when I run ./configure :
configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool
It's a Solaris-sparc-2.8 system, I could get my system administrator to
install the prerequired packages for Dia.
Is there any way to do without the XML Parser in perl? (and not spending
too much time on that, else better asking my admin to install it)

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Regards,
Clément