Re: Rounded Polyline, and other questions?

> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:29:03PM +0200, Lars Clausen wrote:
>
>> I see one weird behaviour right now:  You calculate the minimum radius
>> for the entire line.  This means that if you have a well-rounded
>> polyline with >>3 points and then bend one end back, all corners
>> suddenly become less rounded, not just the one that's bent.  Guess the
>> radius calculation should be local to each corner.
>
> I calculated the minimum radius for the whole line for 2 reasons.
>   1) the properties dialog suggests a single corner radius
>   2) the box corner rounding had similiar behavior
>
> It should be a straightforward change to do the calculation for each
> corner, however given the box behavior and the dialog, should the
> calculation be local to to each corner?  And if so should the
> properties dialog be somehow different?

The box corner rounding does not face the problem of different angles for
the corners, so it didn't have to solve this problem.  I see it as simply
a rendering problem -- if an angle is too acute to use the radius given,
render with a smaller radius for that one angle.  No changes in the
dialog.