Re: WMF Support?

At 18:25 16.04.04, Alan Horkan wrote:

> > AFAIK the only serious difference is that dia on Windows can do WMF
> (through
> > its use of the native WMF output library provided by the GDI, which
> explains
> > why we have some trouble porting this to *nix. Well libwmf (libemf?)
> exists,
> > but I don't know whether it's good enough).

Looks like we are all trapped in a giant time loop :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2001-November/msg00013.html

[If having WMF support (!:) on *NIX is really worth the effort please
consider to fill in the blanks in the existing portability layer in Dia's
existing wmf export plug-in (as adviced in the source and above).]

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2002-February/msg00154.html
[Oh and nowadays one should also add SVG to the list of vector
formats for data exchange between modern applications]

>http://wvware.sourceforge.net/libwmf.html
>
>I was going to say libwmf only does import but it goes to show how long it
>has been since I read the webpage, they now have experimental WMF export
>(and I think it is brilliant that it now has a loader for gdkpixbuf,
>every graphics program should have one!)
>
>Although the libwmf page talks about the possibility of adding
>support for other file formats inlcuding EMF it doesnt do so yet.
>
>Libemf is a seperate project
>http://libemf.sourceforge.net/
A little deeper look reveals
http://libemf.sourceforge.net/libemf_8h-source.html

#ifndef _LIBEMF_H
#include <wine/w16.h>

If it would be acceptable for dia/plug-ins/wmf to depend on wine,
I simply can't see why one should use libemf (just another
indirection?) at all ...

         Hans