Re: WMF Support?

Le Thu, Apr 15, 2004, à 06:22:28PM -0600, Justin Gombos a écrit:

> > Have you tried WMF? This is Windows' native vector format, and in my
> > experience Word likes it.
>
> I spent three hours trying WMF.  I'm using version 0.92.2 of dia, and
> WMF is not an export option.  Maybe it was removed?

I guess I must have no paid attention enough to the platform you're using
dia on. Dia on *nix does not have WMF export, only dia on Windows has.

> Dia under Windows?  Does the Windows distribution support different
> file types?

AFAIK the only serious difference is that dia on Windows can do WMF (through
its use of the native WMF output library provided by the GDI, which explains
why we have some trouble porting this to *nix. Well libwmf (libemf?) exists,
but I don't know whether it's good enough).

> > I'm not totally sure Mac PICT is a vector format; AFAIK it's their
> > primary raster format, iow no qualitative advantage over PNG.
>
> It's both a vector and raster format.  The question is, when I do a
> convert from EPS to PICT, does Imagemagick produce a vector PICT, or a
> raster PICT?  I'm starting to think it's a raster, because the diagram
> has the anti-aliasing fuzziness that's also in the PNG files.

Simple way to know: export a small (1x1) circle through your
export&conversion pipe-line. Zoom it in Word across an A4 page. Should be
obvious then what it has been converted to.