Re: Patch to custom object: object-specific properties (preliminary)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cyrille Chepelov"
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 5:38 PM
> Le Mon, Nov 17, 2003, à 04:15:19PM +0100, Marco Contenti a écrit:
>
> > > A little worry about your patch: at one point, you are making a switch
> > > based on the type of the property, and then making assumptions about
the
> > > sizeof(property data). This has the big inconvenient to me of
increasing
> > > the coupling between the Custom object and the StdProp library. Would
it
> > > be possible to factor this into StdProp itself instead?
> > I would be glad to use a function telling me the size of property data
given
> > the type, if there is one. I'm sorry I am no Dia expert. I didn't even
know
> > that Dia existed until three weeks ago, so I chose to limit the damage I
can
> > do to the Custom object plug-in only, not involoving libdia.
>
> I think that you are right that this function may not exist right now;
> but it belongs to there.
Yes, I agree. I didn't yet find a satisfactory solution though. I'm thinking
of doing this through macros in properties.h, not to force recompiling
libdia. Do you think this is acceptable?

> > - "composite" is just an XML tag and has nothing to do with StdProp, am
> > right?
>
> Mmmm. I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.
Basically, I mean there is no way to group some <dia:attribute>'s under a
<composite> tag just by defining a suitable property table. This tag seems
to be used only for complex types like "text" already defined in StdProp.

Btw: I also found a couple of bugs and am going to pack everything into next
(less preliminary) release.

Cheers.

Marco