Re: Patch to custom object: object-specific properties(preliminary)

On 14 Nov 2003, Marco Contenti wrote:
> Hello, here is a very first version of what I described last week. Now
> only four types are supported. It seems it's working. Please try using it
> and tell me what you think about.
>
> Apply the patch to files in <dia>/object/custom, then try using the modified
> resistor shape I'm attaching or try making your own, it's simple, just
> insert your custom attributes in the shape like this:
> <shape ... >
> <ext_attributes>
> <attribute name="ID" type="string"/>
> <attribute name="Resistance (ohms)" type="int"/>
> <attribute name="Power dissipation (W)" type="real"/>
> <attribute name="SMD package" type="bool"/>
> </ext_attributes>
> </shape>

I'm still wondering why you don't put these together with the normal
attributes.  Since they're statically defined on the shapes, there's
nothing to distinguish them from the other attributes anyway, so you could
save some work & complexity by using the regular attributes mechanism.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor