Re: feature request for DIA

On Thu, 22 May 2003, benoit.vinsonneau@cran.uhp-nancy.fr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for your wonderfull software!
>
> Just wondering if it would be possible to have the same kind of
> feature as in Matlab when using latex. I would like to enter latex
> commande in a dialogue box, and see it displayed as an object on the
> diagramme, as well as exported in ".eps" format for example.

I have been working a bit on this, and got to the stage where I can call
LaTeX and have it generate EPS.  Now I just need to read it back in and do
some kind of output support.  Many people have been asking for this for a
while.  Unfortunately, my work so far is in a shpping container on its way
to Denmark, so I can't do more until June 19th at the earliest.

> This would be a very nice feature as it is often required to do
> diagrams for latex documents, which required same notations as within
> the text! (especially in math).
>
> I agree you can export the ".dia" in text, but this is not as easy as
> using ".eps" figure.

Agreed.  Since I use most of my diagrams in LaTeX anyway, I'd love to have
this.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor