Re: A matter of principle [Re: HIGification of dialog boxes]

Lars Clausen wrote:

>Well, the instant-apply solution would certain make sure you don't forget
>to apply.  The undo button would not help in this example.  This is indeed
>an interesting problem that we hadn't considered before.

Weird (non-)solution (and any usability people would kill me if I told
them):

The object properties dialog is either separate per object (which causes
clutter) or is a kind of tabbed mdi dialog (like in GAIM). One dialog
per object type, one tab per object instance. Add tab close buttons,
style drag'n'drop and tab selection keyboard shortcuts to taste.

This could be used in both instant apply and explicit apply case.

Krzysztof