solution to HIG button controversy ?

Lars Clausen wrote:

>As an aside, I think the original instant apply comment was about the
>preferences and diagram properties (grid etc), not object properties, and
>there's no undo stack for those anyway.  But we need to be consistent.

No, I meant things like current line width etc. Which are or aren't put
on undo stack ?

Maybe (as the issue is very controversial) I should try to code a
generic mechanism for storing settings (settings = "line attributes"
etc), history, generic properties dialog etc and this way keep the
particular interface (implicit vs explicit, order of buttons, undo
button or history combo etc etc) in just one place, and not scattered
over the whole program ? Then, we can watch what the rest of the GNOME
developer community does, and just choose the right version (or choice
of two).

Sounds like the way to go...

Krzysztof