Re: Dia Python

On 15 Jan 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> As can be seen from my TWiki comments, I have gotten the Python plugin to
> work, and it's rather cute, in fact.  Now I've two fairly general
> questions about it that I hope somebody here can answer (Hans? James?):
>
> 1)  How do I set a value in a property?  I tried with just
>
>               props[s].value = 0.2
>
>     where s is a property key, but it gives me a type error.  Of course,
>     DiaProperty.value is an object, but how do I make an object for a
>     real?
>
> 2)  If I do changes values that way, will it be undoable?  I don't see a
>     lot of undo-related stuff in the python plugin code, does that need
>     to be rewritten?  I'd like to avoid the situation in Gimp where
>     plugins can totally screw up undo.

Well, I found the answer to this one:  Not only isn't it undoable, but
connections aren't moved with it and the display isn't updated.
Unfortunately, the display update part is all in app, which we don't want
to link to from plug-ins.  If there's also a perl plugin coming up, we'll
need to encapsulate these things differently, so they behave the same
between main program and plugins.