Dia Python

As can be seen from my TWiki comments, I have gotten the Python plugin to
work, and it's rather cute, in fact.  Now I've two fairly general questions
about it that I hope somebody here can answer (Hans? James?):

1)  How do I set a value in a property?  I tried with just

              props[s].value = 0.2

    where s is a property key, but it gives me a type error.  Of course,
    DiaProperty.value is an object, but how do I make an object for a real?

2)  If I do changes values that way, will it be undoable?  I don't see a
    lot of undo-related stuff in the python plugin code, does that need to
    be rewritten?  I'd like to avoid the situation in Gimp where plugins
    can totally screw up undo.