Re: Problems with dia-0.91-pre1

On 06 Feb 2003, Zhang Linbo wrote:
> 在 2003-02-05 三 的 22:59, Lars Clausen 写道:
>> On 05 Feb 2003, Zhang Linbo wrote:
>> > 在 2003-02-04 二 的 04:24, Lars Clausen 写道:

>> > I have popt-1.7-1.06distributed with rh8.0. It's a combination
>> > of the libpopt and libpopt-devel packages, I think.
>>
>> I fixed a problem with Gnome-enabled builds and opening diagrams from
>> the command line yesterday.  Please check if this cures your bug in the
>> next prerelease (or by compiling CVS).
>
> Yes the cmdline arguments now work well. Here's a list of other minor
> problems or suggestions (with dia-CVS-20030205-0824):

Thanks for the feedback!

> a) The plug-ins/pixbuf/Makefile.am is missing.

Forgot to put in CVS, coming in now.

> b) The dependency libxml(-devel) >= 2.3.9 in dia.spec causes problem on
> RH8.0 (the library is provided in the packages libxml2(-devel)).

Ah, I knew I was going to get something wrong in that one.  I could see the
reqs were out of date, but without an RPM system to test on or feedback to
fix it with I more or less had to guess.

> c) The font attributes is now correctly handled. A feature request:
> map font names which have changed to corresponding new ones.

There is some effort to map old names to new ones.  The old freetype names,
found from the X font path, should remain the same.  The old built-in names
should be mapped.  Only Gtk2 font names from earlier CVS could have strange
name mappings, and there's little to do about that.

> d) 'dia --help' works but 'dia -h' doesn't.

That should be the case at most under Gnome.  In non-Gnome, we have an 'h'
short option given to popt.  For Gnome, we're using what Gnome assigns us
for help.

> e) convert messages to the user's (some messages are in raw utf-8
> encoding).

To the users encoding?  The messages shown in dialogs should, by Gtk, all
be presented rightly.  Messages sent to the terminal would not necessarily
display properly if translated into UTF-8.  I guess that could be a
problem.

> f) Is it better to put dia.1.gz in /usr/share/man/man1 instead of
> /usr/man/man1?

Dunno; that location is determined by automake.

> The only feature missing for me now is the input method for Simplified
> Chinese, currently I use text copy/paste for inputting Chinese
> characters.

Sorry, we can't help you with that one.  We just snarf all the input
methods that Gtk gives us.  As soon as you have a Gtk with Simplified
Chinese input, Dia should use that as well.