Several object-types were named XYZ. Only first one will be used

Hello,

This is question one of two, as I'm new to Dia and trying to learn.  I'm
working to learn it on Windows (to replace Visio), so when I switch over for
Linux for good, I have all the "tools" I was used to under Windows.  The first
problem I am having is with adding new sheets and objects.

I am a wood worker (when not being a nerd to pay the bills), and I want a way
to put standard sized pieces of wood (2x4, 2x6, 1x4, 1x6, sheets of plywood,
etc.) onto a page, and then manipulate them to fit whatever project I'm working
on at the time.

I followed the instructions for adding objects and sheets as I understood them.
 I did the following:

1. Created the object in Dia
2. Exported it out to a folder (under \dia\shapes) and got the .png and the
.shape files (in this case, called "2x4board.shape" and "2x4board.png")
3. Selected "File" > "Sheets and Objects"
4. Clicked on the "New" button, and selected "Sheet name" to create a new
sheet, and named it (Lumber).
5. Then I changed to that new sheet, and again, clicked on the new button, and
this time, picked the new .shape file
6. When I click on OK, I get "Several object-types were named Lumber -
2x4board.  Only first one will be used.  Some things might not work as
expected."

I can use the shapes just fine, but I always get this error message when I
lauch Dia.

Question: Did I mess something up, or is this a known issue?

The only things I found in searching the archives was an instance where the
user got 206 of these warnings (I only get one) and another that didn't seem to
have this same error message.  (And if I searched the wrong place, please let
me know where to search, I was at http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/)

Many thanks!

Eric