Re: Several object-types were named XYZ. Only first one will beused

On 19 Dec 2003, j. e. s. t. e. r. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is question one of two, as I'm new to Dia and trying to learn.  I'm
> working to learn it on Windows (to replace Visio), so when I switch over
> for Linux for good, I have all the "tools" I was used to under Windows.
> The first problem I am having is with adding new sheets and objects.
>
> I am a wood worker (when not being a nerd to pay the bills), and I want a
> way to put standard sized pieces of wood (2x4, 2x6, 1x4, 1x6, sheets of
> plywood, etc.) onto a page, and then manipulate them to fit whatever
> project I'm working on at the time.
>
> I followed the instructions for adding objects and sheets as I understood
> them.  I did the following:
>
> 1. Created the object in Dia 2. Exported it out to a folder (under
> \dia\shapes) and got the .png and the .shape files (in this case, called
> "2x4board.shape" and "2x4board.png") 3. Selected "File" > "Sheets and
> Objects" 4. Clicked on the "New" button, and selected "Sheet name" to
> create a new sheet, and named it (Lumber).  5. Then I changed to that new
> sheet, and again, clicked on the new button, and this time, picked the
> new .shape file 6. When I click on OK, I get "Several object-types were
> named Lumber - 2x4board.  Only first one will be used.  Some things might
> not work as expected."
>
> I can use the shapes just fine, but I always get this error message when
> I lauch Dia.
>
> Question: Did I mess something up, or is this a known issue?

Probably you made more than one of them.  Check in your \dia\shapes dir
to see if there's more than one shape file.  Also look in your
\dia\sheets\Lumber.sheet file and see if it defines more than one of that
object.  It is possible if you fiddled around with trying it several times
something like that might have happened.  Don't be afraid of XML, it
doesn't bite:)

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor