Adding something to the GUI

I have been making a small extension to Dia, that allows to use a
hex-grid instead of the normal rectangular-grid. Now I would like to
make it available as an option in the preference menu/dialog. However,
being new to both Dia and Gtk it is a little hard to find out where to
make changes. Is there any documentation of Dia that could tell me a
little about this? I cannot find any in the cvs (sorry if it is there
and I just missed it).

--
Yours
Peter Poulsen