Order of Objects/Connections in XML file

Hello All,
I am doing some post-processing on Dia XML files using Python and SAX.
Is it safe to assume that each "Line / ZigZagLine" object (which has
connections) always occurs in the file *after* the objects to which it
is connected? If so, then I should be able to create my objects and
establish all connections in one pass.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher Bahns
AHV Systems, Inc.