Re: Dia crash on Window Maker

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:19:13 -0500
Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Dave Bentham wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've been using Dia 0.91 for some UML diagrams for a while upto, and
> > including, on Gnome 2.2 (Linux, Mandrake 9.0).
> >
> > After switching to WindowMaker alone, dia SIGSEGV's at startup
> > (after the splash). It appears to be trying to access the Dia shape
> > dll libraries?
> >
> > I've attached a gdb session - does that help?
>
> Sorta, it tells us which objects are giving trouble.  Are the
> libsadt_objects.so/.la files in /usr/lib/dia still?  Did you remove
> any Gnome libraries?  It's odd that SADT should give trouble, they
> don't use Gnome, and they're not the first library.

I installed Dia ages ago and have used it fairly regularly - i.e.
everything is where it should be (/usr/lib/...)

to WM. Note that I also switched to using xdm at the same time; I used
gdm before that but couldn't get it to start WM, and as I could get
xdm/WM working I didn't piss around with gdm too much.

An interesting bit recently I found out is that if I start GNOME using
xdm, dia crashes still. But if I start GNOME with gdm, dia's okay...
which suggests its some xdm issue rather than WM. BUT the gdm/GNOME
fonts are really screwed now and although I can see dia windows, icons
etc, I could not read anything... so still looking.

Dave