Re: [Ann] going overboard with features

I am tyring to remember a quote by jmz i think that goes something like
this
"every program expands until it can read email or is replaced by another
program that can"

I have resisted filing a bug requesting some sort of "Send To" option, i
am hoping someone will come up with a generalised reusable component for
all of Gnome/GTK or Gnome-Office at least (hmm, there must be a gnome
wishlist around here somewhere ...?)

I have thought about a spellchecking plugin, i suspect something useful
could be done with gktspell or similar and we could probably yoink code
from either Abiword or Gedit for the GUI.

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:48:56 +0200
> From: Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: [Ann] going overboard with features

> the file I enclose here should be loadable, and feature a couple of
> interesting effects....

sweet

> 	-- Cyrille, who is afraid he is reimplementing The Incredible Machine in dia

just make sure to reimplement it as a library or some sort of a seperable
a component so that the next guy can use it and have an option to compile
a build without it and you are sorted :)

Later
Alan