Re: Suggestion: how to give the illusion of a faster startup

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:26:06 +0100 (IST) Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie> wrote:
> What I am proposing is that at startup Dia should automatically open a
> new blank document window.
> (unless of a course the user passes in a document at startup)

I agree with this.

I would also like:
i. to be able to ask the Dia object display to
float on top of the document window that has focus
(possibly docked)
ii. use the document context menu (right click)
even if I have the document menu enabled.

One other suggestion. Suppose I cut an object
and I'm about to paste it.  I would find it useful
for the object to be placed where the mouse it
pointing (assuming the mouse icon is in the window).
Currently, as far as I can tell, the pasted object
is placed arbitrarily in the upper left of the
window.  I.e., there currently appears to be no
user control.  Or did I miss it?

Cheers,
Alan Isaac