Re: Software Patterns into shapes using UML shapes?

>Could you point us to an example of what you want these shapes to be like?

Well, the shapes need to be a collection of UML shapes. Have you seen
the book, "Design Pattherns, Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented
Software" by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John
Vlissides. My intent was to record those patterns and others into
shapes, so when designing a software application you pull out a reusable
patterns, modify the class names add classes and patterns to design the
system quicker. Rose and Viso have nothing like this, however Viso
allows for shape creation, though I don't know if they can handle UML
collections in a shape.

It sounds like the shape feature would need to implement a automated
copy & paste from a normal dia file to do this.

How is the best way to get started if I would like the contribute code?

I currently work have a Win2k system to work from, however I have SGI
Irix, Sun Solaris, and HPUX experience, and I have used CVS.

Dave Hickerson