Re: simple rotate

On Sunday 24 November 2002 03:41, Lars Clausen wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Martin Hans wrote:
> > One other idea: How about having a version of the zig-zag line that is
> > rotated 90 degrees so that we'd get a down-left-down behaviour instead of
> > the current left-down-left, which is a bad choice in about half of the
> > cases.
>
> I have code in the CVS that will do this somewhat intelligently at object
> creation time, and there's a simple way to extend it to all.
>
> The Box and Ellipse objects sets up allowable directions for each
> connection point (in _update_data).  The Zigzagline, when created, looks at
> those directions and makes itself either down-left-down or left-down-left
> according to which are admissible.  To extend this to post-creation
> movement, we need to make sure that midpoints stay where they are.  My idea
> is to have it have one more segment when going horizontal at the end, and
> one less when going vertical.  That way only one midpoint will be affected.
Just tried it out and it seems to work fine. I would'nt mind making those
changes to shapes as well if you could point me to the file where shapes are
loaded.

Determining the allowed directions  automatically should work reliably at
least if the connection points are on the border. I'll try to think about how
to do that.

Martin