Re: Metapost and PSTricks problems

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Ruediger Wapler wrote:
> Dear List members,
>
> I'm new to dia and new to this list, so please excuse me if these
> questions have been asked hundreds of times. I looked through recent
> archives and the FAQ and did not find the answers.
>
> I have the following problem:
>
> when exporting my dia drawing into metapost format, all arrows seem to
> get lost. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

It's odd that they should get lost totally.  In versions <0.90 arrows are
simply rendered as little extra lines, which of course is not perfect.  In
0.90, we added the possibility for renderers to see the arrows as arrows,
but if the renderer doesn't want to render them as arrows, they're still
drawn as simple lines.  No renderer makes use of this yet, AFAIK.  Metapost
certainly doesn't.  I don't know what support Metapost has for arrows.

> In order to not lose the arrows, I instead exported to tex's PSTricks
> format. However, here the figure turned out very, very small so that I
> would have to recale the whole drawing before exporting. Is there any way
> to keep the original size when exporting to PSTricks?

It should keep the original size, anything else is a bug.