Re: 0.90.RC1 available

At 22:50 14.05.02 +0300, Steffen Macke wrote:
>> and that it will read old documents.  Hans & Steffen will bring out a new
>> Windows binary shortly.  Please try it out and post any critical bugs both
>
>The zip files containing Hans' build are available from:
>http://hans.breuer.org/dia/dia-0.90-rc1.htm
>
>Some notes:
>* Shape export is not working (Could not confirm this on Linux)
>  Looks like the namespace is wrong (Outdate plug-in source?)
Definitely not outdated plug-in source but maybe different
versions of libxml? (win32 version is libxml2-2.4.2)
Looking deeper into it shows an #ifdef'ed 0 implementation
of xmlNewGlobalNs () in libxml2. So I'm pretty sure it's a
cross platform issue. Anyone taking it ?

>* I omitted the python plugin. I guess users capable of using python
>  should be able to install Hans' zip files. Python would double the
>  size of the installer. If required, I would rather create a separate
>  installer for the plug-in. Is this ok?
Just checked: at least is is neither in my dia zip file nor linked
on the RC1 page. If there is a vesion available it is either outdated,
created by someone else or still on my harddisk ;-)

Please don't even think about including a whole Python in the Dia
setup. IMHO the Python plug-in isn't that useful at the moment
anyway without being able to read and extend the C sources ...

	Hans