Re: default font for FreeType

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002, Akira TAGOH wrote:

> LC> Which would basically just mean the latin1 locales, yes?
>
> Yes.
>
> LC> I've had trouble getting the TT tables via freetype.  Until that is
> LC> resolved, I may not be able to figure out what a TTF supports.
>
> What is that problem?

Well, I have a truetype font loaded, but can't figure out how to get the
TT_Header table (or any other TT specific information, for that matter).
The fonts ought to support SFNT, but I'm getting nothing back from the
FT_Get_Sfnt_* calls.

>>> 4. if have a configuration file as .diarc (for example, can
>>> be written a font as gtkrc), find a font whether a list
>>> has the font name which is specified or not. if a list
>>> has it, decide a default font, if not, uses a first entry
>>> on a list as default font.
>
> LC> I don't get this at all, sorry.
>
> Well, that list may has several fonts. however we can't get
> a appropriate font, because it should be decided by the
> users. perhaps a font which we chose may be ugly font ;)
> We need to prevent it. a way is good anything because my
> purpose is that.

So let the user list a number of good font substitutes for their encoding?
That would make sense.