Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Tue Jan 29 08:23:01 2002 (UTC)

Le Wed, Jan 30, 2002, à 12:42:34AM +0900, Akira TAGOH a écrit:

> Well, even if dia uses \xc2\xab and \xc2\xbb instead of \xab
> and \xbb, current codes will not display correctly because
> it specifies locale specific charset for fonts, and when dia
> display the text, it convert UTF-8 to locale encoding.

Hence my intent to test how to detect that \xc2\xab doesn't translate into
anything in the current locale encoding, and use the ASCII fallback in that
case. However, for the locales where \xc2\xab is displayable and if we can
reliably detect it is indeed displayable, IMO we should use it rather than
ASCII simulacres.

(thanks for the sample files; I'll test them sometime this +0100 evening)

Grumpf.