Re: Dia ChangeLog report for Tue Jan 29 08:23:01 2002 (UTC)

Akira,

 first, thanks for the great work !

> +	* objects/UML/uml.h: gettextize UML_STEREOTYPE_START and
> +	UML_STEREOTYPE_END.

is this really necessary ? I mean, do we really need to localise the start
and end of stereotype symbols (that's << and >> for those who pick up the
conversation); aren't they a fixed quantity already ? (I also fear this
comes as a burden to translators who aren't using an UTF-8 .po file: they're
going to see only garbage, and will probably mis-translate it).

It may be desireable to find a way to fall back on "<<" and ">>" (ie,
two-character ASCII representation) whenever the current local charset does
not feature the << and >> proper characters; this doesn't need to rely on
the gettext infrastructure, does it ?

Grumpf.