Re: UML and Fonts when changing monitor resolution

Hello,

On Wednesday, 23 January, 2002 01:32, <cam-listsubs@h2os.org> wrote:

> I've been using dia 0.88.1 for a short while now and have been pretty
> happy with it. Recently, I had to adjust my monitor's resolution in X from
> 1600x1200 to 1280x1024. When I did so, all of my UML diagrams went wonky
> on me. None of the connection lines lined up correctly (some would
> magically go back into place when I selected one of the objects) and many
> of my class labels exceeded the width of the actual class shape/box.

To solve the problem of lines ending up "disconnected", perhaps you can use
the same workaround that I outlined in an answer on 2002-01-21 to
eg_lwkae@stu.ust.hk in the thread "Predict the size of a UML class".

Not a perfect solution, but it works reasonably well...

> Any suggestions for a solution to this problem? I've read in the archives
> that fonts seem to be an issue. Is there any way to lie to Dia about the
> fonts that are there?

What about scaling the entire diagram down to a lower factor? This should
cause smaller fonts to be selected as well.

Regards,
-+-Ben-+-